Cruise along the Chicago River on a 75-minute tour, and discover hidden architectural gems among the city’s renowned landmarks. Led by a docent providing live narration, the tour passes more than 40 structures, and sails under historic bridges.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 1 hour
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Host or greeter
What customers loved
"The architecture and Kevin’s explanations"
"The weather - a gorgeous day that wasn't humid and hot. Just perfect."
"Learning about Chicago's architecture."
"The docent’s narrative on the architecture"
"Seeing the city from a different view point."
"There was a surprise treat at the end, our tour guide played the harmonica...fun!"
"Seeing all the great architecture!"
"Enjoyed the information about the spectacular buildings"
"What the speaker told us about the buildings and history of Chicago"
"The beautiful day and how much I learned"
- Cruise along all 3 branches of the Chicago River
- Get an insight into 40 landmark buildings from an on board docent
- See Tribune Tower, the Wrigley Building, Trump Tower, Marina City, Willis Tower and more
- Relax on board with a drink from the cash bar
- Skip the ticket office and proceed directly to boarding by pre-purchasing your ticket online
- Architecture river cruise
- Live commentary
- A barcoded ticket allowing you to skip the ticket office and proceed directly to the boarding line
- Boarding photo
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The tour operator's office by the Chicago River at 401 N. Michigan Ave. Chicago IL 60611. This location is just East of du Sable Bridge (Michigan Ave. Bridge) and on the North Shore of the Chicago River.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Food and drinks
Know before you go
- Note: at the start and end of the season, this cruise will only be offered as a 60-minute option
- Please dress for an outdoor activity
- A cash bar is on board most vessels, depending on the season
- Boarding begins 15 minutes prior to departure time
- Don't forget your camera