Auschwitz Birkenau Museum: Guided Minivan Tour from Krakow
Pickup includedThe day before your tour, the local partner will contact you via email, text message, or through the reception desk with your exact pickup time from your accommodation in Kraków. While the partner will try to pick you up between 10 AM-12 PM (midday), please note that due to restrictions by the museum the pickup time might change and be as early as 6 AM.
- Visit the largest former Nazi concentration camp on a 8-hour tour of Auschwitz
- Learn about the terrible history of the death camps of Auschwitz and Birkenau
- See significant monuments from the terrible events of World War II and Hitler’s Third Reich
Auschwitz I (guided tour)
Auschwitz II-Birkenau (guided tour)
Founded on 27 April 1940, Auschwitz became the site of extermination by inhumane conditions and physical destruction of prisoners. It was the biggest death camp of the Nazi regime and during your tour a licensed guide will sensitively take you to see the barbed wire fences, watchtowers, barracks, gallows and gas chambers; these depict the circumstances under which the Nazi genocide took place. Spend 2 hours here with a short 20 minute break.
You will also visit Birkenau, a short 5-minute drive from Auschwitz. Birkenau comprised of more than 300 buildings, including latrines, watchtowers and gas chambers. Although a challenge, it’s important to remember these events to make sure that this history is never repeated.
Spend approximately 1.5 hours here before the 1 hour 20 minute drive back to Krakow.
- Pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Krakow
- Entrance and live tour guide at Auschwitz with headsets
- Entrance and live tour guide at Birkenau
- Umbrella on a rainy day
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Food and drinks
- Student card
- Luggage or large bags
• Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering
• Owing to the requirements, all tickets to the museum are non-refundable. Please consider your purchase carefully
• In exceptional cases, the minivan might be replaced with a bigger bus, with very similar comfort
• During visits to the memorial site, you will see only the most important places and exhibitions. Visiting the entire post-camp space would require a multi-day stay
• In exceptional cases, if there are no guides available in your selected language, there will be a translator translating to the language you selected